Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Best Fight is No Fight



Hi Mama’s I know some of you think I must’ve fallen off the map. Truth is I’ve been dealing with my own share of issues and I’ve been in a slump of sorts. I had a few issues where I felt like I was wronged and my immediate reaction was to get ready for a fight. I even started the fight (not physical of course). It’s been hard and it drains me every time I have to deal with this issue, but I refused to be defeated. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been there before, but let me share a few things with you…Since taking on this fight my spirit has been starving and I felt like all my days were running together. I felt like my joy was being stripped from me day after day. I was still encouraging to others, still being a listening ear, but I was becoming empty. I prayed daily and even joined in on a weekly book study for Christian Mom’s at my church, which has been awesome (Shout out to Litz Emmanuel at Potential Church).
Well a few days ago I decided to try something different because of insight I gained during the book study. I started a routine for going to bed and waking up. I now go to bed by 10:30 p.m. and wake up at 5:30 a.m. I have traded late night TV for devotion, meditation prayer and journaling. Mama’s let me just say that this journey so far has been absolutely amazing! I cannot believe that within a few days I can see and feel my life changing for the better. I claim my joy every morning and I hold onto it everyday. I remind myself of the prayers I’ve said and the promises I’ve gotten from God and I go about my business in a much more peaceful and calm way. So far I’ve learned that sometimes the best fight is no fight at all. You don’t have to win a battle to declare victory in your life. You don’t always have to show people what you’re made of…I hope these words will release someone from the spiritual or physical bondage they are in. Happy Hump Day Mama’s!

Don’t just live your life, Enjoy it!

           Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Your blog today has truly blessed me. I have printed it off and will be sharing it with my co-workers. After reading this blog post, I thought "She is way too young to be so wise and insightful", but then I realized that that is how awesome God is! Let your light continue to shine at its maximum brightness, for that is the only way you will continue to bless and encourage others.

    Most awesomest post to date! I know awesomest is not a word, but it certainly captures what I mean in the truest way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I honestly cannot take credit because it is God who has imparted wisdom to me. It is so important for us to share our stories because we never know how they can help set someone free. Be blessed and thank you for your support!

      Delete

Thank you for your support!